09 May 2009

Almost by Tamia

so... i was listening to officially missing you by Tamia cuz what happens when I don't have a tv and don't know what to watch on youtube is that I break into song... I tend to do this a lot when I'm with friends too... well at least when we're just hanging out and just chillin or studying (i'm sorry everyone lol) but yeah. then i saw on the 'related videos' this video and I remember this song because of ms. Aileen who suggested that I should choreograph to this. It hits too close to home for me to really think of a set choreography lol but maybe one day.

So, I wanted to submit a video for this audition but at the moment, I don't see the motivation and as the day comes closer and closer for me to get ready and move out. I'm starting to think that I don't have a lot of time for it and it's disappointing but at the same time, I passed on the word to the rest of the inc.redibles (i'm still not used to that) and just doing so makes me feel better that I spread the word to potential audtionees (word check).

There has been some creepy business happening around campus. To the extent of my research and threatening of others, I've managed to get a hold of other 'victims' from UC Merced as well as San Jose State University. I find it really interesting but I know more than to dig myself a deeper hole and find anything that I may not want to know or be a part of. At this moment, I am turning it over to the hands of those who are getting harassed directly and letting the legal system take care of itself as well as the campus's Student Victims Advocate office. I want to thank those who have shown me their support and everything with my attempts to find out who this person is. Especially when it came down to meeting this person face to face (if it had to lead to that), there were those who were willing to go with me and made sure that they had a hand in taking care of this issue. My friends are amazing--i know i say this a lot but i wouldn't say it if my friends aren't.

Because I'm self-centered, i'll go into talking about how this reminds me of a time back in high school. Senior year when someone in my family was going through some major social issues with fights and bullying and everything (it should be obvious right now that it isn't one of my parents--just thought I'd help your thought process). Just through one phone call/text I was able to have friends from four different high schools coming through to help me with this huge problem. I know it's not brought up now but it's one of those moments where we don't need to say anything about it when we're all in the same room but we know what's going on. =) I honestly love those moments.

I am not indirectly hinting that I always have "back-up" because that always stirs a negative connotation and I want to thank my middle school years for implanting that negativity in my head... school fights were no joke... but it's funny cuz we're still laughing at it today whenever it's brought up lol "funny until someone gets killed" "funny because he/she actually did it over something stupid"

so to my actual blog...

I woke up really early to pass on the duty phone from communities since I'm on call this weekend then I went online to catch up with "my big." It's one of those things I feel like stays within a college community... I question a lot about college communities and their lingo but I will post something about that later in another blog... towards my graduation.

Anyway, I really wanted to just tan today but I had to wait for people to check out with me but then residents were getting on my nerves with their irresponsibility to check out when they scheduled and other people from other communities were such idiots that I couldn't stand it anymore. I love working with freshmen and all because of their curiousity for the college system but some of them are so sheltered, indecent, and so inconsiderate that it makes me want to smack them in the face.

I did get my chance to tan and read but I'm not being as productive as I can be. I went to the bbq that I was supposed to host with the rest of my RA council and we always end up having a good time with some talks but it's still one of those sheltered moments for me cuz I'm still that girl at the corner sometimes that people want to avoid making eye contact with. Yup... as open as I can be through my blogs, I'm indeed that shy girl at certain parties when my title in any affiliation doesn't matter--believe it or not lol.

By all means am I not trying to fish for compliments (ahem jerk ian) when I say this but because we were given ga awards today, I was given the "dancing queen" award and the introduction of me was that i was a hot dancer... i think i gave the ugliest face when i heard that word and rather than explaining to you how gross it was for me to hear that... you can watch this video

yeah... not cool. But we did have some fruits that were soaked in Malibu rum. (thumbs up) . Played with some water guns. Had ice cream. Didn't get to play volleyball (boo). Shared some interesting life stories (you know there had to be some sex stories involved). & yeah, just had a great time with the ladies and we were talking about going to D&B just because we're all 21+ and I suggested it =) Nothing can replace my memories with the SoCal homies at D&B though. Ordering a drink at the bar is an experience for me at D&B (lisa knows lol)

I just totally knocked out after that until I started going online and talking to my other Big about the harassing situation. In any case, I should study.

One more week til I'm home in SoCal and I have no idea what to expect from now until then because I have a final to worry about, I still need to register for summer school in SoCal, find a job, get my rental car, pack my things, and still find a dress and make a mask for this masquerade banquet dinner i'm hosting this thursday...

all of these events i'm hosting... I really hope that after college, I can still host stuff like this down in SoCal... for at least my work (where I go) and even for my friends and everything. it's gonna be hard to let go of student organization affiliations, I think. Been helping with the set up of formals, events, dances, and get-t0-gethers ever since the second semester of 9th grade... 7 years of event planning and then i'm gonna get a job as a pharmacist/biomedical research & laboratory assistant? =(

we'll see what happens...

1 comment:

cralpHB209 said...

you didnt get to play volleyball!? aww why not? that sucks.