30 August 2009

A Typical College Weekend?

So this was the first COLLEGE weekend since everyone's been back and it's definitely not boring. Friday I didn't have class on Friday so I mainly stayed in and worked on some projects if anything. Had the chance to finally go to another XCS event and got to see everyone again after a long time and it was fun :) Happy good times nonetheless. It's nice that I got to finally catch up with Vince and fill him in on my life and why I've been so MIA from the gang.

Got to talk to the girls and if anything I'm glad that there are still some older heads around at the same time I'm also happy that there are new folks who I can talk to and just get filled in on what's been going on in the scene :) again, happy good times.

I wasn't able to sleep till 4 in the morning and I had to wake up since I wanted to help the Rotaract club make an appearance at Escalon High School. It ended up being a Leadership Retreat for the Interact members of the local community. Good times. It's nice to meet new leaders and young faces from high schools and what not. I don't miss hearing a bunch of giggling high school girls though. Even in high school, I couldn't even stand some of my girl friends just sitting around giggling. I'm sorry but either you laugh or you don't (shrugs)… anyway.

So I felt kind of sick when I got back so I then headed to bed and didn't wake up until the boyfriend called and said that he had some time to come over after setting up for this cotillion in Lathrop. I totally missed the Miss Vietnam of Northern California interview so I guess I won't partake in it this year. God forbid I have any more experience with being in pageants.

So I hung out with the bf till the BBQ started and then we went around knocking on everyone's apartment door so that they can come out to play the outdoor Rock Band and food. I had no idea how the event would turn out but we had a good number of heads show up. About 40-60 people showed up. Frankie ended up setting up all the sound and tech equipment while I ended up on the grill for two hours or so cooking up some hot dogs and steak for everybody. Great times and shared some awesome conversations with people. I think the best part of the night was hearing others offer their helping hand and making sure that I ate and didn't work the whole time. I also appreciated that I had the boyfriend there to help out with things :) yeah we're definitely going to take over the world haha!

Anthony came over and we all had a blast and I'm so glad that Frankie and his friends are people-persons. It definitely makes it easier on me to introduce them to my residents and vice versa. I have such grown up and fun residents this year as well and it's pretty awesome that so many of them were willing to help me out and donate food to the BBQ :)

Got ready to hit up Chitiva's as well as the cotillion in Lathrop to help the bf's dad out with tear down. Personally, I didn't think I was trying to hit on the DJ and I even emphasized that I was just wanting to feed him after his gig haha! But yeah… good times and I wasn't really full off anything so I didn't feel like drinking last night. Tequila is not my friend and the smell is just horrible. Also, my chaser was Anthony's beer so that was pretty busted lol. I treated Frankie and Anthony out at the Lair and we had a good chat with the bar tender. Witnessed some drunks and then I spent the night geeking it up with the Frankie by falling asleep to Deathnote playing on Cartoon Network lol

It's been awhile since I've had a simple blog of just my day and there it is. That definitely killed a good twenty minutes before I continue with my TV and netsurfing before I can get back to work on making fliers and what not for upcoming programs and events.

Very disappointed in the team right now as well and I'm about to send out some pretty mean emails to see what's going on.

No comments: