29 July 2010

People who are better off.

Because it's nicer to call them that than saying they're spoiled -- according to one of my exes.

I originally just wanted to write a message to those who can be labelled as this but from now on I'm just going to make my posts more personal to stir away from an image of me pointing fingers at anyone.

So pretty much what I've noticed at this age is that a lot of my friends are working full time or are still in school to continue to pursue better careers. I'm finding it very easy for me to pin point those who haven't chosen to go down this road but are working their butts off to hang out or to simply live and pay bills.

I gotta admit though that it's killing me to see friends who are better off to continuously feed off their family members or friends. Although they may say thanks and still invite people to events, it still doesn't change the fact that they're bragging about their possessions that were given to them. I understand the sentimental values of the gifts but what then if I start arguing with the person who gave me that gift?

I would never like to put myself in that position where I find it awkward to be arguing with someone who feeds me/gives me gifts or services in any nature. (no sex jokes please).

So as a solution for myself, I continue to turn away gifts, services, or try to pick up the check for a party as much as I can for friends who have given me so much over the years. Actually, even for those who I've met recently who I think should deserve the free meal or even my time if I'm helping them out with something.

I think the biggest message to take from this is to meet people who are grateful and then realizing that if they aren't then at least you're someone who has the common courtesy to treat others nicely -- however, please don't get walked all over on.

I think I'm a nice person but I know better than to treat strangers out--ESPECIALLY if they're someone who's better off and act like they can't treat themselves to nice things yet flaunt expensive gifts.

Maybe it's me who have trust issues with strangers but then again even with "close friends" i've been used like a fool to help them and have been ignored when met again or when even in the same room as them. So much for having genuine friends, right?

No comments: