30 April 2009

Just Breathe

So yeah, I don't mean to use my friends as means to make myself look cool or nothing but when I say that my friends are amazing and cool... I seriously mean it because of the things that they are able to do.

I'm talking to my friend from high school right now and it's really been 4 years since we've talked and he's telling me how he's at work, during the downtime obviously, and that he does sign language interpretations for OC hospitals, at a college, and for the school district where our high school was a part of. I seriously think that's so amazing. I just barely got introduced to what a speech pathology major consisted of so to actually have a friend, who used to be a football star btw lol, doing that type of work now is just really amazing and it just makes me want to look forward to my high school reunion! We were just talking about how we feel like grown ups and everything too... man...

I hate how the graduation song from vitamin c is in the back of my mind and it makes me really sad thinking that I'm leaving NorCal and because I have such a great support system here with all the RAs on campus, the amazing high school kids in the 209 area, all the dancers i've made friends with and just everyone who's just so amazing in the city--to be able to walk down the streets of Stockton sometimes and get a friendly welcome and NOT just on the Pacific campus is amazing--and it's why I can't hate the city. I'm not gonna get into reminiscing just yet cuz i want to save that for next year... awh!!

yeah and our last reading was about reflection of oneself for class and how at this age, we're all talking about back in my days and whatever and how we keep saying stuff like kids these days when really... we're just really holding onto the past and we're not allowing ourselves to accept the changes that are happening right now. I even got into a scientific talk with one of my classmates about how people are tripping out about the global warming and pollution whatever now whereas back then, they had it a lot worse and how do we know that maybe our environment actually has gotten better because we haven't been burning as much coal as they have back then. Also because they didn't have the technology like we do now to measure the severity of our wasteful behavior--how can they say that over the past 5000 years, because of global warming, our water level has risen or has gotten hotter when back then, they didn't have the necessary tools to compare data with? or even if they can so simulations, there are too many factors to consider through the changing industrial years and warfare to really pinpoint why it is that our environment is the way they are now. iono but it's just something we talk about in class and yes i do pay attention.

and that's how i lose my readers because i start talking about school stuff that i assume nobody is really into unless they really want to continue talking to me about it lol.

time to work on my take home final...

i'm scared for the real world and paying house bills and everything... i pray that my brother will survive this summer and get into a good school so that he can go off to college and I can be home to take care of his paperwork since my mom really can't handle that stuff.

it's time to take on the role of the oldest sister again.

(breathes)

No comments: